Monday, May 30, 2011

Being A Blood Donor


I've donated blood two times already in the past couple of years. A busy schedule and a couple of glitches here and there have kept me from giving another bag or two since last year. I am excited to be doing it again today.

Blood donation is not a necessity for women because of our monthly menstruation period which eliminates all the bad stuff in our bloodstream (or something like that). However, the idea of giving something that can prove to be highly useful for another person is certainly motivating me to do this.

A couple of days ago, I found out that an acquaintance's son is need of blood after experiencing a serious injury in a motor-accident. Since the hospital where the patient is confined is located a couple of blocks away from the office, I texted the said acquaintance and made an offer to donate blood. Unfortunately, I have been very busy since that day up until yesterday. I simply did not have the time to drop by the hospital to go through the procedure. Good thing I don't have a lot on hand today, so I will be out to do something significant for another person before the day ends today.

The thought makes me feel so good!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment